COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE – June 11, 2020 – Repost
LETS has resumed regular service hours and is available for all transportation needs, including non-essential trips.
The health and safety of our passengers and employees remains our top priority and we are taking additional precautions to protect our most vulnerable passengers. We have developed an extensive safety plan in conjunction with the Livingston County Health Department and have implemented transit industry best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please see details below under COVID-19 Preventive Measures.
To reserve a ride call (517) 546-6600 or send an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, trip details, and a phone number and a dispatcher will contact you to confirm or gather additional details if needed.
COVID-19 Preventive Measures
- All vehicles and facilities are being regularly cleaned and high-touch areas disinfected throughout the day using protocols recommended by the CDC
- All passengers will be asked a list of health screening questions at the time of boarding
- All staff continue to receive adequate sanitation supplies and have received training on CDC hygiene guidelines
- Drivers are provided with Personal Protective Equipment including face masks, gloves, and face shields
- LETS is practicing social distancing in all employee work environments and onboard transit vehicles
- Vehicle capacity has been reduced and designated seats are marked with tape to ensure 6-foot distancing between passengers
- Passenger fares are waived for the duration of Michigan’s State of Emergency (currently set to expire on June 19)
- Buses have been equipped with a Plexiglas barrier separating the driver and passenger seating areas
Passengers must take the following safety precautions:
- Face coverings are required to ride in LETS vehicles unless they cannot be medically tolerated.
- Please do not travel if you are sick!
Article reposted with permission from LETS.